Monday, January 5, 2009

Tools for Tots-Learning Wheels

Carisa, the hostess of Tot School also has a section on her blog dedicated to "Tools for Tots". These are simply learning tools we make ourselves for our tots. I had been planning on making the learning wheels for Kim and Luke and I have finally gotten a chance to complete them.
I simply printed out the learning wheels by clicking on the picture of the disks on this "Tools for Tots" page. I then used a marker to color the end of a clothespin to match the colors on the shape wheel, I drew the shape on the end of the clothespin to match the shape wheel.
To do this activity, just clip the clothespin to the correct color or shape. It is a very good activity for little finger muscles. Luke did this and also could name the colors as he did it--except for the color gray.
It was a lot of work for Kimberly to grasp and open the clothespins...but she did it!!! It took quite a bit of time for her, but she stuck to it and succeeded.
This is a great activity to keep the littlest among us busy when the bigger kids are doing school or we are trying to get dinner. Thanks "Tools for Tots" ladies for sharing all of your wonderful ideas.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Very neat idea!

Kristi said...

That is a great idea!!!

Lisa said...

Very cool!

Carisa said...

I love that your kids like this too!!!! I have an ABC one up now too!
;) Carisa

Tina said...

Oooh! I love this. I can check one toddler activity off my list for next week. Thanks for sharing!