Sunday, January 18, 2009

$3.00 and 2 hours of time....

In Walmart last week I saw a bin of these blankets on clearance for $3.oo. Microfleece. Microfleece sells for about $12.00 a yard at the fabric store. This blanket was a yard and a half long and nice and wide. I thought "Ah ha! Why can't I use this to sew with?"
I made the purchase and got busy sewing.
In 2 hours I had made for $3.00.....
very soft, warm lounge pants for Mark,
a warm and fuzzy hat for Mark,
a warm and fuzzy hat for Grace, (you can never have too many hats in these artic temperatures we have been having lately)
and with the very last scrape, I made Kimmy's doll a new blanket by simply finishing off the cut edges.
Not bad for $3.00 and 2 hours of work!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So clever! Everything looks great! Don't you just love it when you get great deals like that?

Rhonda said...

Wow! You sure made some use out of that blanket, and the price was just awesome!

Allyson said...

Hi I stopped over from I <3 faces. You are a talented woman!

Mrs. Murphy said...

Im heading to walmart!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Way to go, Joann!

Very cool and cozy!

Kristi said...

awesome