Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tot School

Kimberly is 40 months old
It was a "sick mommy" week, so tot-school was put on the back burner for the most part, but we did manage to find a little fun thoughout the week.
A new addition to tot-school this week are the Crayola No Drip Watercolors.
They worked well--and were drip free, but it was a little hard for a 3 and 4 year old to keep the brush clean. Kimberly did enjoy using them, and it will be something different to bring out once a week or so.
I did catch of picture of Kimberly enjoying the Tangoes Jr. game. ( I did get a picture, but I didn't get her hair brushed this day)

We all enjoyed taking part in the Open Ended Art activity this week: a bean mosaic.
We made monkey bread!
and learned how to properly wash the table after making monkey bread....
We spent a wonderful Saturday-(when Mommy was better)-hiking, climbing dirt mounds and watching the release of 1500 quail into the wild.
Kimberly had a great time with her Wikki Stix activity book.
This book does a great job allowing Kimmy to use her creativity with the wikki stix and, at the same time, helping her learn to follow directions by doing what is suggested in the book.
I had gotten this Elsa Beskow block puzzle out for Gracie (7). It is quite challening with each side of the blocks forming 6 different puzzles.
I was very surprised when I came by after breakfast and Kim had correctly done the top two rows of the puzzle. If you look carefully, you can see the bottom row is incorrect.
After pointing out the mistake, she fixed it all on her own---I was very impressed.
Check out all the Tot-School fun at 1+1+1=1

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. It looks like a good week for Kimmy with lots of activities. We are making that monkey bread this morning. I began it, only to find out that I had lent my bundt pan out to a friend. Oh well, into the little loaf pans the bread went. My house smells wonderful and we can't wait to try it out for breakfast!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Wow, what a great bunch of activities! I've been thinking about getting some wikki sticks, so I'm glad to hear a bit more about them. I've got to make some monkey bread sometime soon too!