Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Blessed Mother

Coloring and cake---the perfect celebration....
Gracie even dressed for the occasion.
Mark took care of the cake!!
Kimmy was very careful to color in the lines.
A lot of statues of Mary looked on as the work was done---even St. Francis looked on from the stained glass picture on the window.

Lovely Lady Dressed in Blue

Lovely lady dressed in blue, teach me how to pray.
God was once your little boy, tell me what to say.
Did you lift Him up sometimes gently on your knee?
Did you sing to Him the way that my mother does to me?
Did you hold His hand at night?
Did you ever tryTelling stories of the world?
Oh, and did He cry?
Do you really think He cares if I tell Him things,
Little things that happen
and do the angel's wings
Make a noise?

Can He hear me if I speak low?
Can He understand me now, you know?
Lovely lady, tell me, for you know.
Lovely Lady dressed in blue
teach me how to pray.
God was just your little boy
and you know the way.
Mary Dixon Thayer

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

What a sweet memory for your children!

We have a birthday party for Jesus on Christmas morning. Complete with cake! If you can't have cake for breakfast on the day your Savior was born when can you?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea here. Do you know where I can find the coloring sheet your children used?
Thank you.