Monday, April 13, 2009

Transportation--The Unplugged Project of the week

What else could we do but TRAINS for this weeks Unplugged Project: Transportation. Anything involving trains stops Luke in his tracks!
We love the song Down by the Station, and this book adds alot of fun to the song.
I found this printable at DLTK kids. I added the letter T to the printable and then colored and laminated this.
I used foam sheets to cut out shapes for the train, making a sort of puzzle activity. The color of foam matches the picture.
Luke did a great job matching the picture. They didn't lay the pieces on top of the picture because the picture is smaller than the foam, but they made it on black contruction paper.
It was hard for Kim, but she kept trying and finally succeeded. After she made it once, it was easier for her to repeat her success. I also cut foam pieces to make the letter "T".
I also wanted to share this cute printable I found. You can see the printables near the bottom of this page.
Make sure to check out everyone's TRANSPORTATION activies this week.
Next weeks Unplugged project is: SCIENCE.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

We love trains, too!

Rhonda said...

Great project. The foam shaped train is so neat!

Crescent Moon said...

My son loves trains, too. I really like your trains made out of foam pieces!

LitLass said...

My boys would love the foam train.

Mozi Esme said...

Fun take on the topic! Esme can't wait till we do trains again... Though airplanes are still her favorite.