Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April's Shower of Photos-Kimberly's New Dress

Kimberly has reached the "I bet you can't take a good picture of me" phase, so I have included a bunch of photos showing her new Easter dress.
I used Simplicity pattern 5483. It is out of print now, but there are still plenty out there if you do an internet search for it.
It is a very simple pattern and sews up quickly. I was very happy with the final result.
It is a very special dress because Daddy helped pick out the fabric and he picked out the buttons all on his own.
Of course, if you are wearing a dress, you need to swing dance. I didn't realize until today that Kim and Luke think that swing dancing is the only dancing out there, that is all they have ever seen--and they are getting pretty good at it!
If the snow would stop falling I would get Kimberly out into the sunshine for a nicer photo, but for now, this will have to do. Hopefully it won't be so cold on Easter. We don't want to be wearing our winter coats, but according to the weather forecast, we may be.

6 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Beautiful girl, beautiful dress. I wish I could sew!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Very, very sweet!

Jessie Mae said...

Her dress looks just lovely, and good job on your contributions Uncle Pat!

Jessie Mae said...

Oh, thank you for the Lemons to Lemonade award. I put it up on the side of my blog, but unfortunately I don't know ten other blogs to send it to!

Rhonda said...

What a gorgeous little dress! It looks so good on her with those beautiful eyes that she has. We are expecting rain here for Easter. We are suppose to have a big barbecue and egg hunt at our house. Ack!

heavenly bliss said...

Kimberly looks just beautiful. I love that fact that you find time to sew Joann. I LOVE to, it is so relaxing to me but I don't do it enough. Actually I have set my mind to sewing a dress for Georgia's first communion in June. Any good patterns for that hanging around your house?

As for our eggs - yes it was just regular food coloring. It did seem to color real nice with the brown eggs. 5 dozen - I hope that's enough too!!!!!
xoxo Jenny