Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Open Ended Art--orange and black

This week's Open Ended Art theme over at Mommies Wise Little Bookworms was: orange and black.
I began by making our own little stamps, using wooden spools and foamie shapes.
I just glued the shapes onto the spools using my new favorite tool, Glue Dots.
Ta da!! Autumn stamps to use with orange paint.
Luke stamping a bat.

Luke can't paint unless he adds a personal "fingerpaint" touch.
By-Luke
Gracie made a nice leaf, pumpkin border to decorate her picture of "5 little pumpkins".
Kimberly working hard.
Next week's Open ended Art is: Black and White:Glitter, Chalk, Paint anything goes.

9 comments:

meredith said...

I love how you made the stamps. So simple, but I would have never thought of that.

Debbie said...

What a neat idea to make your own stamps! The kids pictures look great!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

cool! love how you showed how you made your cute stamps!

great stamping fun!

Zonnah said...

Very cool! Looks like they had fun :)

Bran said...

great way to make your own stamps.

Rebecca said...

These homemade stamps are an awesome idea! Ill have to bookmark this :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Great craft, and I just learned something I wanted to know long time to go - how to glue something quickly and without a lot of mess.

Rhonda said...

What a great idea. I love their paintings.

Tina said...

Thanks for the great idea! We will be doing Pumpkins in our Tot School next week. I just might have to borrow this idea. My little guy loves to paint.