Thursday, December 23, 2010

Yarn Along...

From Ginny, the founder of "Yarn Along"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a single photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~

Busy, busy, busy....that's what's happening here around here. All the busyness leaves little time for knitting, but I did manage a bit of needlework this last week.

I finished two parts of a kitchen set (since I took this photo I have finished one more potholder leaving only the hanging dish towel to finish). The kitchen set is for a Christmas gift, but I am under no pressure to get it done....it will be given when it is done.

I started knitting up a scarf with a beautiful brown alpaca yarn. I am not happy with the pattern so this has since been taken apart and is now awaiting time for a search for a new pattern. This is by far the softest yarn I have ever knit with, so I can't wait to see what it becomes. It is also special because it came from a wonderful, inspirational friend that I have found "online".

I still don't have a book for myself....boo hoo....but I am enjoying the books I am reading aloud to the kids. In the past few days a couple of our favorites have been: The Nutcracker and the Mouse King and The Gift of the Magi. I make sure we don't miss these during the busy Advent and Christmas season.

1 comment:

KnitterMama said...

I know what you mean about missing things during the Christmas season ad I respect that you are not pressuring yourself to get anything done. I am going to try to do that next year!