Monday, December 20, 2010

Peppermint Bark

I discovered a new Christmas treat....peppermint bark....and the best part....it was very easy to make.
I always melt our Wilton "melts" in hot water in our neat little "squirty" bottle.
After the light cocoa melts were ready, Gracie squirted the chocolate into a Christmas tree mold.
Now we needed to wait for the chocolate to harden.
While the chocolate layer was hardening, Luke helped us smash up some candycanes.
I sifted the smashed candycane pieces so that we could use the bigger pieces.
When the chocolate layer is hard, top it with white melts.
Top immediately with the candycane pieces.
So yummy, and so easy!!!!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

This is so cute and so yummy looking!

Unknown said...

Oh yum, how delicious. One more recipe to add to our Christmas treats!!

Tina said...

We make this every year, also. My kids love being the candy cane "smashers"! I always just spread it out onto a cookie sheet then break in irregular pieces. I never thought to use a mold! Great idea! They look so cute!

EmilyM said...

I love the idea of making it in the tree mold, it comes out so cute. Looks like a yummy and fun treat to make.

Aimee said...

I make this every year and it never lasts! Love the Christmas tree shapes!