Sunday, March 8, 2009

Shamrock Mice Magnets

We made cute little Shamrock mice this week. I used foam sheets instead of contuction paper so our magnets will last a long time.
Item needed:
green and pink foam
2 big google eyes
pom pom for the nose
yarn for whiskers
glue
I drew a shamrock on cardboard to use as a pattern and cut this out of green foam. The ears are just pink hearts sized a little smaller than the shamrock.
For Kimberly's mouse, I put the glue down and she then put the parts of the mouse in the correct place.

Luke did very well on his own. I cut out the foam but then he was able to place the parts on the shamrock to make his mouse.
We now have very cute mice on our refrigerator, all ready to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day with us next week.

4 comments:

jennwa said...

That is super, super cute. I think we might do this in my preschool class. I love it.

Thanks for linking such a great project.

Bobbi & Noe said...

These are super cute! I need to pick up some green foam sheets!

Thanks for the idea~

Trudi said...

Very cute, I'll be doing that in the classroom on the 17th.

Rhonda said...

These are so cute! Thank you for posting the items needed to make them!