Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tot School

Luke is now 45 months old
Kimberly is now 33 months old
We have had a fun week of Tot school-busy, busy like always. It is amazing the amount of learning that these little "tots" manage to fit into their days.
Kimberly loves her Colorforms Miss Weather set. She does a great job matching the "weather girl's" clothes with the proper weather . This is a real fun Colorform set, made with bigger pieces for little hands.
While Kimberly and I played with Colorforms, Luke was busy setting up his Geotrax train-his all time favorite toy. He set it up all on his own, and it ran right into the dollhouse's front door and out again.
We spent a few fun days enjoying the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom for the Reading Theme Challenge. We enjoyed taking part in this challenge at Teachingtinytots and look forward to more fun.
Luke has been working hard on numbers and counting. His favorite activity to use for practicing this is his Lauri Number Puzzle.
We are also working very hard on the letters: A, B, C, and D.
I made little puzzles for practicing the letters. I used the printables I found at the Kizclub website.
I printed out two copies of each letter and then laminated both. One copy I kept as a control card for the kids to look at or to use as a puzzle base. The other copy I cut into the pieces. They are both doing a good job with these puzzles.
Kimberly really enjoys our Laurie Berkner dvd.
I couldn't resist taking pictures of her enjoying the music.
She is very good a copying the dance moves and actions of the songs.
Kimmy is a dinosaur and
she can sleep with the fishies.
We haven't had the Wedgit blocks out lately, and when I did bring them out this week they were a big hit. Luke especially spent a lot of time with them.
He is an amazing builder, and these blocks work so well he can get tremendous results without the frustration that other blocks can give "tots".
TIMBER!!
We have started our Valentine's using the cookie cutter painting technique. I found this great idea at the new Totally Tots website, which was started by Carisa, from 1+1+1=1.
This new website is a wonderful resource for all of us with little ones at home.
I love the look of this painting.
Make sure you check out everyone's Tot School posts at 1+1+1=1.

8 comments:

RockerMom said...

It looks like your tots had a fun week. I love the colorforms. I didn't even know they still made them. I'm going to keep my eye out for some.

Rhonda said...

Awesome learning going on at your house. Those Valentine prints are so cute and I loved the photos of Kimberly enjoying the music dvd. She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

The Colorforms thing looks fun! I have never seen those before.

Carisa said...

Oh I can't wait to find time to make those ABC puzzles! And I love your crafts!!!

Carisa

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing the ABC puzzles. That's definitely on my list of must do.

Pamela said...

I love the cookie cutter paint idea, will definitely try that this week! Thanks so much for sharing. I didn't have tot school last week but will be back this week.

Jolanthe said...

Those alphabet puzzles are cute!!

Erica said...

What a fun week :) My grandma has some Wedgits for the kids when we visit, they love them.