Sunday, February 22, 2009

Clothes-Paper dolls-the Weekly Unplugged project

The theme is clothes for the Weekly Unplugged Project.
I thought is would be fun to have the kids dress some paper dolls.
We made paper dolls and then cut out clothing from scrapbook paper. I had a stack of paper with a cute "school" theme. It was fun to mix and match the clothing.
The kids glued the clothes onto the dolls.
Here is Kimberly putting a face on one of her dolls.
This is a very proud girl.
Luke also enjoyed this project. Of course, he made paper doll boys!
Luke concentrating.
Gracie hard at work.
We ended up cutting our dolls apart. This gave the kids much for "play" factor from them. They
have become good friends to all.
Check out the other Unplugged projects from the past week.
Next week-bottles

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the patterns on the scrapbook paper. We did paper dolls this week too. :)

Kira said...

looks fun!

Crescent Moon said...

What a cute idea!

So Smrt said...

Ohh, I think I can do that with old wallpaper. Lots of cutting for mom, though, wasn't it? In my house, I'd have to do that part while the kiddies were asleep!

This Girl loves to Talk said...

Those look great!! I dont have any fun paper to do that with.. must buy some.. I do digital scrapbooking.. so rarely have any papers lying around :)they all turned out great.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea!!

Renee said...

How fun is all of this! Wow! In our home we've made upteen paper dolls with clothing but never all joined together at the hands like that. Wonderful fun, great job you fabulous mommy!!!!! Hugs1

Christie said...

Those are super cute and a wonderfully fun take on the theme.
Love it!

Liz said...

I hope my previous comment didn't get posted...because you'll then get this twice!

I love the project...very cute!! I'm amazed at how much time you can spend with you little kids. Are the older kids just that independent that they do school on their own?

My oldest is only 6, so I'm not there yet! I'd love to see how you schedule your school day with all they kids!

Liz said...

Sorry for the typos in my comment!!

Rhonda said...

They look like they are having so much fun! What a great project!