Thursday, February 19, 2009

Small Successes-5-Or Not

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph."
But, what if you can't think of 3 small successes for the week. Let me tell you, it is very, VERY depressing!!
A whole week
I think back and I try.
1. I took one child for medical tests, is a nervous state myself, and probably didn't even provide the proper "mother" comfort for the teenager. But the testing was done and now we wait, and I will try to be very consious of this child's needs.
2. We are living in the midst of a big, BIG case of cabin fever! I would love to loan our the children to others for the next month and a half of snow and 2o degree temperatures--this may be a SUCCESS though, because they are still with me.
3. In past weeks I was proud of the fact that 4 or 5 loads of laundry were completed everyday, keeping the pleas for clean towels at bay, but this week, I haven't been as successful. I did delegate laundry to teenagers telling them "just make sure not to wash anything red and check the pockets for money and chapstick." This may be considered a success because NO chapstick was washed and the laudry IS NOT pink.( Don't know about the money though, because the clothes washer gets to keep "found" money.) Thank's to all my wonderful resident teenagers. You are true blessings to this family!!
Now, as I am mired in depression and low self-esteem, visit other folks' Small Successes and see how others have done this past week. I guarantee you will find more inspiration over there.

2 comments:

Kate Wicker said...

I've had many a weeks like this when I can't come up with one stinkin' success. But I think just getting up each day sometimes counts. :)

Hang in there, and God bless!

Liz said...

I'm always impressed with your accomplishments, and even blogging about what little you did accomplish is something great! I'm sure your days will get better! God Bless.