Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Reading Theme Challenge-Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

This weeks Reading Theme Challenge, at Teaching Tiny Tots, is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, one of our all time favorite books.
We have been working hard on learning our letters here at tot school, and this was a great addition to that. I found the printable for the coconut tree at Kizclub. I find a lot of great printables at this site.
I printed the tree in black and white, colored it, and then used a brass fastener to make the tree capable of going "boom! boom!" our favorite part of the story. I used letters from our Melissa and Doug See and Spell to act out the story, and review our letters.
Check our all of this weeks Reading Theme Challenge posts and get some new wonderful learning ideas.

4 comments:

Autumn Terrill said...

Somehow I 'found' you online. I think through the homeschooling tag; but anyway, I am also a homeschooling mom (of only 3) but I thought you might be interested to know I am the oldest child of 10. I just put up a picture of my family on my blog.
Anyway, I have so much respect for you. Organizing all those projects for your beautiful children, blogging and all the other stuff I know goes on behind the scenes on any given day.
God bless you abundantly today.

Rhonda said...

We loved Chicka Chicka Boom Boom when Lindsay was a bit younger! Of course who doesn't love it, right?

Carly said...

I found the Kids Club printable, also. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

great job as always! we printed the same tree! I'm posting a picture of what we did with ours now that my oldest play is over (had to save the space and battery life for that)

cn't eait to see what you dofor the next book challenge