Saturday, February 21, 2009

If You Give a Pig a Pancake-Reading Challenge


"If you give a pig a pancake she will want some syrup to go with it...."
You can't find books that are enjoyed any more than these books by Laura Numeroff.
We have had a lot of fun concentrating on this one wonderful book for the past few days. We colored, did mazes, listened to a great tape, made new felt pancakes and, of course, ate pancakes.
Our little copy of If You Give a Pig a Pancake is from our library system and includes a audiotape called The Piggy Polka. This tape contains a reading of the book and some songs. These songs are so cute. I could not find it on Amazon or I would have provided a link here, but it you can find it, it is priceless.

I found coloring pages here and here is a link to a maze.
I couldn't resist adding this blurry picture of Luke. He was soooo proud of his picture.
Of course, we couldn't enjoy this book without enjoying pancakes. We eat pancakes around here for breakfast, lunch and dinner, ( generally not on the same day) but we don't usually enjoy then with such fancy presentation.
Here is a "piggy" pancake.
Kimmy can get pretty tired waiting for the letter "p" to cook.
Some flowers and hearts.
They are as yummy as they look!
We learned that "p" is for pig, pancake style.
Of course, I added pancakes to the kids felt food this week. (I also added some Poptarts) You can never have too many felt breakfast foods.
Make sure you visit the Teachingtiny Tot's blog for more great pancake ideas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is such a good idea to make felt food. I could even get my 6 year old to help sew them.

Peterson Party said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. I love you 'P' and 'pig' pancakes!

Anonymous said...

wow will you make me some pancakes!!!! what a great and fun day!!!
love your blog background by the way