Thursday, February 5, 2009

Small Successes-3


"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph." Danielle Bean

1. I got the 3 youngest children out into the snow to play, even though it was 19 degrees and the snow was so deep the two youngest couldn't walk through it. The snow clothes then immediately got dried, to be ready for another day!


2. Laundry was kept washed (although not folded-I will work on this for next week) and we had clean towels every morning for everyone. Not a small feat for this family of 12.


3. My newest reader, whom I taught after a long struggle, is really, really enjoying reading on his own. For us, this falls into the BIG SUCCESSES catergory!
Make sure t0 check out all the Small Successes on the Faith and Family website this week.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

I could not even imagine keeping the laundry up at your house. I only have 3 girls and it is hard to keep up everyday. LOL!

Brrrr 19 degree temps. It is cold there, but I would take it if it meant that we got snow here.

I was so proud when my Lindsay starting reading. It is a moment as a mom/teacher, that you will never forget. :0)

melanie said...

Wow everyone has clean towels EVERY morning? That's amazing. We use the same towels for (i'm not telling LOL)...

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm in awe...it takes every ounce of strength in my body to keep on top of the laundry for a family of 9! No way that's a small success!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the new reader! I second Rhonda's comment on the laundry. I have three, but the laundry never stops.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

3, 9, or 12....Right now we only have a family of three members (very soon to be four :)) and I am having a hard enough time already. I salute all of you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed by your laundry prowess!! I've spent the entire day washing and cleaning the mudroom...guess I can add that one next week!

Bless you!