Monday, February 28, 2011

One Thousand Gifts


One Thousand Gifts? This is much harder than I thought it would be. One day this past week the only tangible "gift" I came up with was the fact that we learned that the capital of Delaware is Dover.


I have realized that to find the daily gifts bestowed on me, I need quiet, not necessarily a quiet house, but a quiet heart. I am trying. I really am, but it is so hard right now admist the chaos of my days. I just say to myself, I can do this, day by day. It will get easier--hopefully.


It must be a learned skill, this finding peace and quiet of the heart---I'll keep trying.


Now for some of this weeks gifts:


#6 Becky calling from work, just to check in while on her break. I in turn, call my mom, just to check in. All things are better after talking to Mom.


#7 Icicles dripping from the eaves. You can hear springtime trying to show itself--to let us know it will arrive. We just need to be patient.


#8 Eight children home for dinner, laughing like the best friends they are....arguing like the best friends they are.

1 comment:

Craig said...

I’m here from Ann’s this afternoon.

It does get easier – especially when we realize it’s not just the good stuff to be thamkful for – but his hand in the not so good stuff. Thank you for joining the community. Your words are true – and good.

And if I have to pick just one from your list, I pick: #8 Eight children home for dinner, laughing like the best friends they are....arguing like the best friends they are. (to have brothers and sisters – of all the gifts you could give your children – this is among the best – kids always love mom – but these wars – lead to lifelong friendships – amen. )

These words really made me smile. Thank you.

God Bless you and all of yours