Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yarn Along.......

From the founder of Yarn Along~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?~ All our reading this week revolves around the life and art of Grandma Moses.
I love her art and look forward to sharing it with the kids.
My hubby surprised me with an ipad with past week, so much of my reading time has been spent trying to figure out all the gadgets of this new tool.
I did listen to Mary Higgins Clark's book, A Cry in the Night. It scared me so much, I had to finish it while the whole family watched a basketball game on tv--in the same room with me, of course. I may stay away from her books from now on.
I just downloaded Nicholas Sparks', book, The Lucky One, onto the ipad from the library. I love FREE books!! At least I know this book won't scare me, but it is sure to make me cry.
I am working on a springtime kitchen set for a friend. I have finished one potholder, one dishcloth and have started the hanging dish towel. I will add one more potholder and dish cloth to the gift before it is complete. I just love the springtime colors!!
My pattern for my favorite hanging towel is here.
"Grandma's Favorite" dishcloth pattern and the scalloped potholder patterns can be found by clicking on their names.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the dish set, what a great gift idea. Nothing better than giving or receiving a practical handmade gift. Enjoy the iPad. My dh has one and I am amazed at how my kids zip around on that thing!