Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yarn along.....

From the founder of Yarn Along~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?~



I may just quit knitting for a while to read One Thousand Gifts. I have begun this book by Amy Voskamp, and I have to say, it's a book to savor, a life changing book to be read over and over again.
I have finished a baby blanket---now we await the baby. I used my favorite stretchy blanket pattern. A quick and easy simple garter stitch blanket. You wrap your baby in it and you don't need to worry about little feet poking out from between the stitches.
I am now knitting a scarf for Becky using this pattern. She picked the beautiful jewel toned colors. It is Caron Simply Soft Dark Sage and Ocean. I love the rich colors.
Head on over to Small Things and check out more "yarn along" posts.

2 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

Ooooh! You're a woman after my own heart! (Although I am more a crocheter than knitter!)

Your work looks lovely, and the book looks good, too!

TO answer the prompt, I'm almost done with my 3rd "Claudette" ruffle scarf (pattern on Lion Brand Yarn'w website) and I am reading Everything Lovely, Effortless, Safe by Jenny Hollowell. :)

Fun idea for a post!

Aimie said...

I just ordered that book from the book store. Glad to hear I will enjoy it! Your scarf is beautiful too. She will love it!!

Have a blessed day!