Sunday, February 6, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook--February 7


Outside my window... 30 degrees and very, very gray. A few inches of snow are predicted for this afternoon and we have about 2 feet of snow on the ground. I am so ready for winter to be over.

I am thinking... about my brother today....he is 50 years old today!! How can that be possible? I am 5 years younger than he is and I am only 29. The math is not working!

I am thankful for...
grown children who love coming home to be with us, cooking us dinner, cooking us treats, and just being with us.

From the learning rooms...
I filled out planners last night. They are full of learning plans. Hopefully most of these goals will be reached this week.


From the kitchen... Maybe cookies will be coming out of the kitchen today. Other than that, the cupboards are pretty bare, (although the freezeer is full of a pig from a dear friend), I definetely need to get shopping, but that will have to wait until the end of the week.

I am wearing... my usual Monday morning clothing, flannel flower pj pants and a lucky Yankee t-shirt.

I am creating.. Valentine's Day pj's all around!!

I am going...
I believe the only medical trip out of the house this week is for the dentist, and Daddy will take the kids there. I will be home for the week.

I am reading... only books with the kids this week. When the school planners are full, my reading time is full of read alouds....

I am hoping... the sun comes out this week. I would really enjoy soaking in some vitamin D, but I just watched the weather, and when the sun is shining this week the wind chill is going to be below zero, so soaking up some sun probably won't happen.

I am hearing... 4 kids playing Star Wars chess....yes, it is very interesting...

Around the house... We desperately need some order around here. Everywhere I look things could be better organized, but in our tiny house, what usuallly happens is that the piles just get moved to a new spot.

A Picture I Thought of Sharing.
..

"Our Lady of the Snows"

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I love the picture of our Lady in the snow:)