Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quick and Easy St. Patrick's Day Wreath


I have been wanting a nice March wreath for my front door, and since we have a house full of Irishmen, I decided on a St. Patrick's Day theme.

I bought a big package of large shamrocks from the craft store. The package in in two colors so I alternated the colors and formed a wreath, hot glueing the shamrocks together into a circle.
Next the kids simply added foam shamrock stickers and shamrock "jewels".
All these stickers were very cheap at the craft store, much cheaper than buying a ready made wreath.
The beautiful final results---in less that a half-hour.
(I guess according to this picture, it could also be a frame for a cuties head!)

I hot glued string onto the back of the wreath to make a hanger for it.

It now adorns our front door---a invitation for any visiting leprechauns.



abc button

6 comments:

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

Love it!

Rashi said...

Very cute! Check out my counting activities - http://blog.memetales.com/2011/03/counting-activities-kids-craft/

Anonymous said...

so cute! i linked to your project on my blog today. http://wifemomwoman.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/st-patricks-day-crafts-for-kids/

Unknown said...

Great wreath - thanks for sharing and for joining the St Patrick's Day bloggy carnival :)

TP Craft said...

Great craft. I think we might try this tomorrow.

Betty said...

A beautiful wreath and it looks like Everyone was having fun.