Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Gifts of This Life #5

I had to make the yearly trip to the eye doctor today.
I was annoyed to have to take time out of a busy day for this.
Yes, my eyes have gotten worse over the year, and even though I already need to wear tri-focals, I really didn't want to be bothered.

I began thinking tonight about today's "gift".
The gift of the eye doctor??
Yes, I came to realize.
These learned people, using their knowledge, and spending just a few minutes with me will make it possible for me to see this beautiful world more clearly.
This beautiful world that the Lord has created for us.
I know, for one, that I take my sight for granted, but stop and think. What would we miss if we couldn't see the falling snow,
the springtime flowers,
children playing along the waters edge,
fall leaves, on falling children,
our loved one's faces?
And as we gaze at these gifts from God, we can see God in them.
His gifts to us....and seeing these gifts, we see the face of God.