Friday, February 25, 2011

Weekly Wrap-up


We started our week out with some fun science
with fire. After science experiment day, we sort of fell into the February doldrums.
Boring workbook pages were filled in, and spelling words were learned, but other than that, we stayed inside and watched it snow....and snow....and snow.......we are really tired of the snow! ( so you know I am not just being a whiner---I am entitled to whine....we have received over 151 inches of snow so far this season.)
We have discovered a new favorite tv show---A Minute to Win It. It is a fun, family show that challenges the contestants to perform certain tasks in under a minute. All the challenges use household products.
We have been practicing the cup stacking game.
Luke just loves this.
I also bought 20 ping pong balls (which are now bouncing all over the house) to perform some of the many "ping pong ball" challenges.
It is great family fun and leads to many hours of good, old-fashioned fun.
A new educational stage has been reached this week.
Kimmy can read. She cruised through the first set of Bob Books
and the first Faith and Freedom reader.
Luke is also progressing nicely with the Bob Books.
My two babies are growing up!!
For art appreciation we are learning about Grandma Moses . I love folk art and the kids are enjoying learning about this amazing woman and her art.
A new learning tool has entered the house this week, and we are all having a ball with it.
My wonderful husband brought me home an IPad with week.
Above, Kimmy is playing FirstWords:Deluxe.
She slides the letters into place below the picture on the screen and then she wanted to write them in her notebook. (She filled up two pages with words)
Other favorite educational apps have been Bob Books and Little Explorers ABC Music.
I am finding more apps I like for school everyday.....I believe I may be in trouble! LOL

6 comments:

Dawn said...

oooh! I want an Ipad! You all had so much fun this weeek.
Blessings,
Dawn

Carrie said...

My boys have been loving the bob books and First Words on the Ipod. I also just got the TeachMe apps last night, there's a prek, kindy and 1st grade...they love them too!

Unknown said...

Wow! I never thought about the Ipad and Ipod being LEARNING tools! (I'm behind on the technology stuff! LOL) Looks like neat stuff!

Jessy - Weekly Wrap-up

wdworkman said...

I can't even imagine 151 inches of snow. Sounds like you managed to have a little indoor fun anyway.
Janet W
http://homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman/

Denice said...

Keep us informed on the apps you like. We have an iPad too!

MissMOE said...

It's all I can do to deal with our "cold" I can't imagine dealing with 15 inches of snow. Thanks for the info about A Minute to Win It. Always looking for good shows to watch as a family.