Monday, August 24, 2009

Our People Flip Book

I discovered a great new (to me) website, First Palette and found this fun flip book idea.
I thought this would fit perfectly with this weeks Unplugged Project: people
The body template can be found here. Everyone had fun coloring their people. I am proud to say I made the martian. Mark drew the great pirate.
We colored our people and then I cut along the lines that were on each template.
I then stacked the pages together and used a piece of cardstock as a cover and a back page to give the book some needed support.
After stapling these pages together, I like to glue a piece of cardstock over the staples to give the book a nicer finished look. You can see this in the first photo in blue cardstock.
Kim and Luke have been enjoying mixing up the people. They also like to find the correct body parts for each person.
I do have to give most of the coloring credit to Amy, although Laura also added her artist talent to the mix also.
Next weeks Unplugged Project is: Geometric

7 comments:

Unknown said...

JOANN--THERE IS A GREAT PROJECT TO BUILD A GEODESIC DOME FROM NEWSPAPER SHEETS AND STAPLES IN THIS MONTH'S FAMILY FUN...IT WOULD BE A GREAT GEOMETRY PROJECT!

Unknown said...

This is cool. I'm off to check it out.

Goat Gal said...

Thanks for the new to me as well website. What a cool little book.

Bran said...

I love those! Can't wait to make some for my kiddos.

Sherry said...

very cute idea!

jennwa said...

That is a super fun idea.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Ticia said...

I remember doing those as a kid. I'll have to remember that for when my kids get a little older.