Friday, August 28, 2009

Daddy Took us to the zoo!!

We spent a beautiful day at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo in Syracuse yesterday. It was a cool, sunny day, and the first day of the New York State fair so the crowds were very light at the zoo.
The kids loved Nemo and his dad.
I plan on making matching cards from the many photos of animals we took on this day at the zoo. I thought is would be great way to learn about the animals that the kids actually have seen.
We though this poor bird had his beak stuck, but we did see him adjust his grip once, so I guess he is just sharpening his beak.
I hope this lions aren't looking at any of my family.
Mark the monkey
Kimmy moves the world
Kim and Becky
Look at my primates
Who belongs to our family and who is just a picture?
Waiting for lunch. The only missing family members were Matt and Pat--we missed you guys.
Mark giving Luke pointers on how to milk a wooden cow.
Kimmy did a good job milking the goat
A wild visitor to the zoo
everyone had to squish a penny in the squishing a penny machine
Hi, big guy!
An andean condor showing off his wingspan
He was quite scary, and big!!
"I've got my eye on you, yeah, you, with the camera"
A family tradition photo
snoozin' in the sun
Another family tradition. Kimmy kept crying she wanted to see the penguins.
When we got to the penguins (real penguins, that is) she still cried to see the penguins.
It took a while, but I finally realized that these wooden penguins are what she wanted to see---the most important attraction in the zoo for Kimberly, I guess.
a reindeer
"pretty bird"
I wish they had a wagon for tired mothers at the end of a fun day at the zoo!!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Such great shots. Thank you so much for sharing. I agree, one of those wagons would be perfect for tired moms. :0)

spongebob squarepants coloring pages said...

Perfect shots in Zoo..I like it too. Most kids really love to go in Zoo it's really fun there.