Sunday, August 16, 2009

Makes My Monday-Shakespeare on the lawn

Four of my children performing in A Midsummer's Night Dream this weekend definitely Makes My Monday. Performed on the grounds of the beautiful Oneida Community Mansion House, it began at twilight on the lawn in the left side of the above photo.
This is the third, and final, theatrical performance my kids have been in this summer---this made it one busy summer!!
Becky was Hippolyta---she seemed to spend most of the play "drinking" and overindulged into what became a very well acted drunken state. But, in fact, she drank sprite soda, and had to make a few unscheduled trips to the ladies room.
The opening scene
Amy as the fairy-Cobweb
Laura was the fairy, Peaceblossom
Danny was the great lover Demetrius.
I was so cool to watch the show outdors as the sun went down---it was such a new and unusual way to watch a play.

I am sorry I didn't get a picture of the crowd. We all sat on blankets and lawn chairs on a small slope overlooking the "stage".

Quite a drinker...
At least she was a lady and used a glass,
well, almost a lady for the whole show!
I have never seen any Shakespeare acted out--and was pleasantly surprised how funny this show was. Even Kimberly-3 and Luke-4 sat for two hours and enjoyed it.
Demetrius is finally in love with the correct girl and can get married!
The fairy dance....
Take a bow, girls!
The kids took their bows so quickly, these are the only two of my four kids that I caught on camera.
It was a great show and look forward to more shows from the Victoria Buda's Academy of Theatrical Arts-but after a little acting break----
afterall--soccer practice starts this afternoon.

My wonderful children, whatever they do, certainly Make My Monday (and everyday!)

3 comments:

Annie said...

Just beautiful. The pictures are great and definitely your post MMM.

Stopping from Twinfatuation!!!

Have a nice week.

SouthernDogwoods said...

How awesome! What talented kids you have! I bet it was beautiful!!!!
Stopping by from Cheryl's

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh how WONDERFUL! Outdoor Shakespeare, and such promising little actors!

Thank you so much for playing along with Makes My Monday!