Friday, May 1, 2009

We Made It: Friday Showcase....Ladybug, Ladybug...

fly away home......


I found very cute ladybug crafts for this week's insect fun.
I found the pattern for this ladybug at First-School.
I cut out the pieces using foam sheets so we would have long lasting magnets.


Kimberly was very careful to get the eyes on "just right".

To help Kimmy get her ladybug pieces in the right spot, I put the glue down on the main red heart and Kim added the legs.
The legs are also L's---so we worked on a little letter recognition also.
Gracie made a different, 3-D ladybug. This pattern is found on this page, along with many other very cute ladybug activities.
I first printed this on regular printer paper, so that we could try the proper folding technique. After we knew how to accomplish the folds, I printed it on card stock and made our final ladybug. Instead of gluing the edges together as the directions told us, I used staples to hold the ladybug together.Putting 6 legs onto her insect.
Add wiggle eyes and antennae--and our friend is complete.
Our magnets have joined the growing crowd on the fridge.

3 comments:

jennwa said...

Both are great lady bug projects. They are super cute.

Thank you for linking them.

Bobbi & Noe said...

I love ladybug projects. Great job Mama!

Rhonda said...

Oh those are so cute!