Thursday, May 31, 2007

35 Years!

Today marks the 35th year that Father Edmund Morelle has been the parish priest of Our Lady of Good Counsel church. He administered my first Penance and First Communion. He was there at my Confirmation. He married my husband and I 21 years ago. He has baptized our ten children and has given 6 of my children their First Communion. He has overseen the Catholic education of 8 of my children and prepared 3 of them for their confirmations. He has administered the Sacrament of the Sick to me on more than one occasion.

Please say a prayer for him today, especially a prayer of thanksgiving, because he has served his parishioners so faithfully over the last 35 years.

May 1974
Father Morelle and myself on my First Communion
Father, may God bless you always.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing - how special to have the same priest for so many years and sacraments. I love the picture - it's the same era I received First Holy Communion.

Anonymous said...

In our part of the country it is so unusual to be able to keep a priest in one location for that long!!! How blessed you are!

His Servant: Ann Kraeger said...

I remember when Father came to Our Lady of Good Counsel. We truly have been blessed to have him all these years. As with your family, he baptised all 7 of my children, administered first penance and first holy communion to all 6 of my living children and prepared them all for confirmation. He married my husband and I 24 years ago next week. We love him very much.

Anne (aussieannie) said...

Joann, I saw your posting at 4Real, this is a lovely photo! The style of my dress makes me think of my big day (I don't think you ever forget it) mine was in late 70's sometime...

I've tagged you for a meme if you feel up to it, the instructions are on my blog.

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

How wonderful! I wish more priests got to experience the joy of being the pastor of the same church for so long. It really makes the parish feel more like a family!

Anonymous said...

Oh Joann, when I saw your first communion picture I thought it was Becky. Wow!