Monday, May 14, 2007

A New Fireplace

The seasons are changing and soon it will be the season of roasted marshmallows and s'mores. Campfires have always been a part of my life, a very special part. We have enjoyed uncountable fires at our camp from the time I was born until 2 summers ago. I remember Fourth of July fires on the water watching a boat parade following the fireworks. I remember fires when white-tail deer have snuck up on us and scared us senseless. I remember times with grandparents and relatives long gone.

I asked Pat to make us a fireplace out in the backyard for my own children's memories. One of our memories will be contructing it on our own. Little kids worked hard ....

...and so did big guys.

We will remember our first fire on Mother's Day evening, the day after mom got home from the hospital.....
....and we will remember many more fires with many more memories for years to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun! I will leave right now if you'll save me a smore!

I'm glad you back home with your beautiful family...YOU continue to take it easy!

I'm new to your blog but "I'll be back".

Anonymous said...

Memories are forever and enjoy making new ones. Love Aunt Jean

Anonymous said...

i told you that i would look. now if i could figure out how to send this to you... i need to set up my own-wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that!