Friday, May 18, 2007

Our Blessed Mother Lapbook Update

At the beginning of May we began our Blessed Mother lapbook. We have been coming up with our own ideas, and as you can see, compared to our first post, here, we have been progressing very nicely.Our cover remains the same. I don't know if we will add words to the cover or not.
On the first fold we have our prayer for the unborn. This was inspired by reading Lovely Lady Dressed in Blue. We discovered this book through Catholic Mosiac by Cay Gibson. I thought the abortion topic in the book might be too much for my 5 and 7 year olds to deal with, but when we finished the book they were so eager to say the rosary for the unborn, I knew that we had certainly NOT made a mistake. We have now adopted an unborn baby in danger of abortion and will continue praying for this baby for the next 9 months.
Our parish church is Our Lady of Good Counsel, so we have added a picture of our church, and underneath that we have put the image of Our Lady of Good Counsel.

I decided to consentrate on four images of Our Lady. Our Lady of Guadalupe, Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of Lourdes and Our Lady of Grace. ( Our Lady of Grace is in honor of our 5 year old Gracie)
We have incorporated geography into our lapbook by discussing Juan Diego and that he was from Mexico. We also have some questions that need to be divided in groups. If we do what each card says we need to decide if we are saying yes to God or no to God.

Our flip book contains the words to the song "Lady in Blue" We have decorated each page with pictures and stickers and we have also learned to sing the song very well (if I do say so myself).Hopefully, we will keep filling our book up and very soon we will be able to show the final product. Even if we were to stop here, I am very pleased with what the children have learned and the amount of devotion they have developed for Our Blessed Mother.

4 comments:

Sweetness and Light said...

So Beautiful, what a great a project!!

Leticia said...

The mother of these lovely children with such devotion to Mary should take a bow, well done!

Anonymous said...

I received my love of Mary from my Mother and I have been forever grateful for this devotion. Your children are so blessed to have such a devotee of Mary for their Mother! I can't even imagine how PROUD this makes Jesus feel!

Ruth said...

I love it!