Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yummy things from the kitchen

I spent some time yesterday sewing and some time in the kitchen cooking.
Becky and I made some yummy peach jam. Hopefully, there is enough to last past the month of September, but with this crew, maybe not.

After that, with the help of Mark and Grace, we made Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Don't let the name fool you, this is not bread, it is cake, complete with chocolate chips. Gracie, who will eat nothing green, was very hesitant to try this, but after she did, she enjoyed trying to trick the other kids into guessing what the "secret ingredient" was inside this delicious, chocolately goodness!

It is always good to find new recipes for summer's bountiful harvest.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Yummo! I can't get over that bread. I have never in my life heard of something like that. It looks so good!