Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Amy's new skirt....

Amy's newest skirt came out very cute! I used Butterick pattern #B4687. Amy wanted the waist out of denim, and that worked very well. I made her a size 10, as her waist measurement said, but that didn't fit by nearly an inch, so using left over denim, I cut one out larger, and fitted it to her before doing any sewing.--The waist sizing doesn't seem correct on this pattern, because she is real skinny, and I thought a 10 would be too big.
It zips up the back, with no elastic. This is what my girls prefer. It is very streamline at the top. And, it spins.( Amy is still kind of sick, so this spinning was trully a sacrifice for her photo taking mother-she doesn't go around spinning much on her own anymore.)

5 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

really cute!

Friar Suppliers said...

The skirt is very cute and the daughter is quite lovely. I hope she's feeling better soon.

Ruth said...

I love the skirt! Great Job.

Rhonda said...

Oh how pretty and she looks beautiful in it!

Anonymous said...

What a darling skirt and beautiful daughter you have! I bet my Sweetpea would like one just like it! :)