Friday, September 14, 2007

The Feast of the Triumph of the Cross

In honor of today's Feast of the Triumph of the Cross we made a wonderful handprint cross using everyone's handprint cutouts. I need to thank Dawn for this craft.
I used colored computer paper and the cardboard from a case of diet-coke.

It came out wonderful, and when my husband saw it after work he said that we would need to keep it displayed in the living room.


We also read The Tale of the Three Trees. I have read this book to the kids in the past, but no matter how many times I have read it, I always get chills. After reading it we discussed some of the questions from the Catholic Mosaic.

This afternoon we attended mass at Holy Cross Academy.


We did not have a chance to make our cross cut-out cookies. Becky made the dough last night but I just didn't get to it. (Grace is not very happy about this.) Hopefully, tomorrow will bring with it cookie making time.

1 comment:

Lifedreamed said...

i loved your handprint cross. i am looking forward to trying this and the apple tree craft. thank you for some wonderful ideas.