Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~
Head over to Ginny's blog to join the fun.
I've made a lot of progress on the ripple crochet afghan I am working on.  I should have it done shortly.  After that, I have some wonderful new yarn (to me) for some baby blankets that need to be made.
We finished up last week's read aloud, Storm Makers, and have moved on to Nim's Island.  We are all enjoying this book also.  The kids were also thrilled to learn that there is a movie made of this book which we will watch when we are done reading.
I am hoping to find a book for my own personal enjoyment...I'm ready for a good book.
If anyone cares to share a fun book of fiction for summer reading, I would appreciate it.


1 comment:

auntie said...

Joann, may I recommend Anne Voskamp's book "One Thousand Gifts"
I have read it three times this spring and still find help and hope in the rereading. I think I know you well enough to feel that you will enjoy and get a lot out of it too.