Tuesday, December 29, 2009

If You Give a Moose a Muffin--fun......

This Christmas, Auntie Kim, (Kimmy's Godmother) got her one of her favorite books If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff, and a stuffed moose to go with it. Auntie Kim got it through the Kohl's Cares for Kids program, but I see that the Laura Numeroff books are gone and they have moved on to Dr. Seuss books. Check them out--it is a great thing.
Since the temperature didn't get about 20 degrees today, I thought it was a perfect afternoon to have some "moose" fun!
So, of course, the first thing we had to do was to make muffins.
"Hey Kim, we are NOT cooking moosemuffins!"
Even sick kids rolled off the couch to help spinkle the crunchy topping on our muffins.
While our muffins we cooking I got out these sequencing cards to go along with the book.
I found a whole free unit at Homeschool Share to use with If You Give a Moose a Muffin.
There are so many activities for this book at Homeschool Share you could spend a whole week having "moose" fun!
The kids did a great job putting the cards in the correct order. Once they were in order, they told the story to me following the cards.
Kimmy coloring the neat little envelope provided by Homeschool Share for the cards.
MMMMMMmmmmm!!!
"Dig in Mr. Moose"
Kimmy didn't want to lose any crumbs on the muffin liner.
Yum!!
In the story, Moose makes sock puppets. I wasn't quite that energetic this afternoon, so I found these cute moose paperbag puppet at First-School.
All we needed to do was to print, cut out, and glue.
"Moose, meet Moose!"
And of course, if we make puppets, we need to enjoy a puppet show from behind the couch.
A little moose kissing---oh my!
I hope you all enjoyed sharing in our fun afternoon---
I know we enjoyed our afternoon!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Look like a whole lotta fun!

Anonymous said...

I love your moose!!! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like your moose! See you soon. Kim

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a blast. Neat ideas!