Sunday, December 27, 2009

Anything that keeps this 9 year old ...


busy and in one place for 8 hours "Makes My Monday."

For Christmas, Mark received a Pter0saur Prehistoric Excavation Kit. I believe the exact kit Mark received is no longer made, but the kit I linked to is very similar.
The dinosaur bones are encased in very hard brick, and Mark needed to use all his archeologist skills to unearth the bones and reconstruct the dinosaur.
I really wondered how long he would stick to it. Daddy helped him get started, and the minute a tiny piece of plastic bone was exposed---he was hooked!

It is not a real clean activity---but what archeologist is worried about cleanliness.
My archeologist does get pretty excited when he begins to unearth a large bone.

He spent hours with this little digging tool and paint brush to wipe away the dust.
Even a big brother begged to be allowed to remove just one bone---Mark watched very carefully to make sure he removed one and only one.....
Day 2--when I wasn't looking (and NOT taking pictures) Mark assembled the complete pterosaur skeleton!
Daddy fixed it up with thread so it can be out of dangers way!
My proud boy--Makes My Monday!

2 comments:

molly said...

so great to see such happiness and joy!
God Bless!

Cheryl Lage said...

What a fantastic kit, and what a great commitment! LOVE this!

Thank you so much for playing along with Makes My Monday! Have a WONDERFUL 2010!