Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Remember and pray....


When I See an Eagle
Marie Frankson
When I see an eagle,
I see a great nation which has been founded on the principles of
equality and freedom for all.
When I see an eagle,
I see our flag flying high.
I see happy children playing and smiling and laughing and singing.
When I see an eagle,
I see a melting pot of blacks and Hispanics, Italians and Indians, Native American and Irish which make up our country.
When I see an eagle,
I see no more bondage,no more terrorism, ethnocentrism, racism, and hate.
When I see an eagle,
I see our troops fighting for what is right, fighting to keep us free.
When I see an eagle,
I see America standing tall and strong and proud behind her servicemen and women.
When I see an eagle,
I salute and say a silent prayer of thanks for the troops who protect us.

2 comments:

The Watts Family said...

wonderful tribute thanks for sharing Blessings Heather ;D

Marie-Danielle said...

Thank you for posting my poen on your blog. People often forget what the brave men and women are doing overseas. God bless the troops!