Monday, May 26, 2008

A New Sighting

I have decided that a need a new recurring blog title. "A New Sighting" as a title will mean that Mom is very excited because we have spotted something new.
It means that the kids think Mom is a little nuts taking picture after picture of the new wildlife.
It means that we will be studying all about this new wildlife (usually a bird) over the next several days.
It also means we will be revisiting the sight of the "spotting" at least 3 more times in the next 4 days.
(O.K.- maybe I am a little nuts!)

Today, on the way home from Grandma and Grandpa's Memorial Day picnic (pictures to come) Daddy spotted this Green Heron. Way to go Dad! And I also have to thank Dad for taking me to my favorite bird spotting location even though I know he wanted to really get home.

This is a photo I googled to make an identification.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Very cool. This is one that I have not seen before.

heavenly bliss said...

I have never seen a green heron to my knowledge either. I remember the trips to Grandma and Grandpa's house and LOVING to sit in the window and watch the birds in the "back room". As a matter of fact I just snapped a picture of "my" northern flicker this morning. It was around for the past coupld of years and I hadn't spotted it this year until this morning. Happy birding!!