Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Mysterious Benedict Society-Review

I have been wanting to add book reviews to my blog-focusing mainly on children's books-and we have found a wonderful book to start off with.
The Mysterious Benedict Society
is just the right book.

While Daniel's foot has been healing he read the book and wrote this review:

The Mysterious Benedict Society was a rather gripping novel. The protagonist's thoughts were always known, but also, there were times when the rest of our heroes thoughts were known. This made it quite interesting when we knew their thoughts.

The title certainly lived up to itself, for there was a constant sense of mystery from the beginning until the very end.

My only concern was that many possible conflicts that started to arise were never mentioned again. Though, in fairness, this may have just been added to increase the sense of suspense and mystery.

I would greatly recommend this book to anyone. It would even be a good read aloud for younger children. I give this book 9 stars out of 10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good review Danny! The book is now on my wish list. By the way, I hope and pray that you are feeling better!