Sunday, May 16, 2010

A super saver--Makes My Monday

Mark's baseball team isn't doing the best this year--in fact, as of Saturday they hadn't won a game.
But this past weekend the team took the lead in the game. It was the first lead they have held this season.
Mark has not pitched this year. Last year he pitched once when his team was way behind and hit three batters, so when Daddy called (I was at Gracie's softball game) to say that it was the bottom of the sixth inning (the last inning), our team was ahead and Mark was getting ready to pitch, I thought he was kidding.
But Daddy was NOT kidding. Not only was Mark warming up, he WAS pitching.
He gave up 2 runs, struck out 2 batters and got an out on third base.
To say this Makes My Monday is an understatement, it had made my whole baseball season!
His teammates swarmed the pitcher's mound, jumping on each other as if they had won the World Series. I believe they were just as happy.
Mark was given the game ball.
He then came home and provided some instant replay of how he looked pitching.
I have to say, this definitely Makes My Monday, and I know it has Made Mark's spring!!

3 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

That overwhelming joy on his face is SOOOO priceless! Truth told, think there is nothing quite like a sad collection of "losses" to make the joy of good performance so much sweeter!

Your appreciation of his game Makes My Monday! Thanks so much for playing along with Makes My Monday!

Aunt Jean said...

Way to go Mark!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

That's such a sweet story, and the pictures really tell the tale. (I'm stopping by from Twinfatuation.) :)