Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Polka dots and spinning....

Gracie's newest skirt was finished last night, so this morning I made her try it on and pose for the usual photos outdoors. It was quite chilly this morning, as you can see!!
The material is a very, very soft corduroy, brown with pink dots. I used McCall's pattern M4816. I will definitely use this pattern again. It was very simple and quick to make. (I probably could have finished it in an hour or two if it weren't for the other 11 people keeping me company last evening.) I made Gracie a size 6, but she is so skinny, and because this skirt has an elastic waist, I could have made her a size 4 and added length and it would have been fine.
It absolutely passed the Gracie spinning test!!
I have a feeling that there will be a demin skirt made using this pattern soon.

2 comments:

Mary G said...

This is lovely! And the fabric sounds just like something my Maggie would love ....

I'm just starting to get back to sewing -- it's so much cheaper than buying! -- and my maggie is a 10 in height and a 4 in waist! Elastic is so wonderful, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Well done Joann --it's really cute!

Gotta have that spin factor huh? ;-)