Friday, October 19, 2007

Halloween Windsock

Today we finished our footprint ghost windsock. We had a lot of fun making this.
First, we painted our feet (including Daddy's) with white tempera paint. We then, very carefully, stepped onto black construction paper. We did this first step in the bathroom so we could put the well painted little feet directly into the sink or the tub.

After our ghosts were dry, we cut them out leaving a black boarder around each ghost. Mark and Grace added the ghostly eyes and mouths, and even some hair to a few.
Amy and I then used craft foam and made the black top of the windsock, putting a white ghost on that. We finished it off with black ribbon, holding all of our ghosts to blow in the eerie breeze.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

These are hysterical! Love this idea!