Monday, October 15, 2007

Discovery Bottles

has been busy making discovery bottles for her family, and generously posted about them so people like me, who have never heard of discovery bottles, could make our own.
So far, we have only made two bottles, but the enjoyment has been contagious, everyone from Daddy to Kimberly has been having fun.
For the two bottles I made, I used water, vegetable oil and food coloring. It makes a very nice ocean effect.
In the blue bottle we also put two small plastic marbles. They float and sink and generally add another dimension to the water.
Theresa put links to many, many other ideas for these bottles on her site, but before I can make them I need to buy more water bottles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Glad to see some other folks getting in on the fun! Aren't they just a blast? Our latest one is a Halloween bottle with bat, star and pumpkin foil confetti in orange water.So much fun!

Leonie said...

Fun!