Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Queen Ann's Lace Rainbow

abc button
It is Rr week and we have transformed white Queen Ann's Lace wildflowers into a beautiful rainbow!We picked Queen Ann's Lace out in the back fields, brought them in and placed them in jars of colored water.
I used our Color Splash liquid watercolor. I added about a teaspoon of color to each 1/2 pint jar of water.
Luke, watching for some results.
Surprisingly, we didn't have to wait long. These are the flowers after only about 2 hours in the water. (They must have been very thirsty flowers)
2 hours into creating our rainbow.
Less than 24 hours after beginning---we have a beautiful Queen Ann's Lace rainbow!





6 comments:

Little Wonders' Days said...

Very pretty! I can remeber doing this when I was a kid. I've not seen those water colors before either. They look pretty nice.

Fowl Single File said...

My daughter and I went on walk this morning and saw sooooo much Queen Anne's Lace - we're going back to harvest some so we can try this. It's also perfect because we just checked out Planting a Rainbow at the library last week! Thanks for the idea.

Phyllis said...

This reminds me of an idea that I never got around to doing. I was going to color some red and blue and leaving some white for the 4th of July.
I never thought about doing a whole rainbow. That is such a neat idea and makes a beautiful bouquet!

Katie said...

That is gorgeous, much prettier than the celery I will probably resort to.

Rhonda said...

This is beautiful and creative.

Deborah said...

Wow that is really cool!