Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Resolution

Sarah, over at Plainsong has offered her inspiration to us all as the New Year approaches. She calls it the Home Sweet Home Challenge, and what peace and joy we will bring to our homes as we work daily to achieve these wonderful goals.

Strive for these Goals
1. Invite the Blessed Mother to my home. . .daily, with a Memorare for the intention of asking her to visit me as she did her cousin, and to help me keep my eyes toward heaven.
2. Begin my day with a Morning Offering-to offer my all to God
3. Follow a simple organizational routine
4. Take on little things to help our household stay beautiful and joyful.
5. Write about household topics and link others' blogs who are motivational

The Rules:
1. Remember People are more important than things
2. Remember that messes look bigger than they are
3. Small things done in the home can add beauty
4. Stay real: we will never be perfect, especially with children around us
5. Keep a sense of humor
6. Forgive myself for imperfection and limitations, focusing on those things I do accomplish
7. Persevere

1 comment:

Heather - Doodle Acres said...

Looks good!!!
I'll head over to that site to check out that challenge.
May the Lord bless you with a wonderful year!!!
Love,
Heather - Doodle Acres