Saturday, December 22, 2007

Book Meme

Lisa, over at Are We There Yet, tagged me for this meme, and as she said, "it's a doozy!" It seems that as I think over the many, many books I have read, the majority of them are children's books (baby books, picture books and young adolescent read alouds) so I guess some will certainly be included here.

1. One book that changed your life: I would have to pick Catholic Home Schooling by Mary Kay Clark. It certainly changed my life by making me realize I could take on the challenge of homeschooling while having a large family.

2. One book that you have read more than once: There are many books that I have read more that once. The Janette Oke Love Comes Softly series of books. I read these before I was married and then will read them occasionally again and again. Also, all the Little House books, to assorted children, over and over again.

3. One book that you'd want on a desert island: Easy, as with most other folks--The Bible.

4. One book that made you laugh: I must need to read more funny books, because I can only come up with Robert Munsch books--all of them.

5. One book that made you cry: Every one on the Nicholas Sparks books. I also remember a book that I read out loud to my middle graders--Baby, by Patricia MacLachlan. I reached the end of this book while reading aloud to Amy and Laura, and we all three burst into tears.

6. One book that you wish had been written:How to take care of alot of children and not go bonkers. Wait, if I find time maybe this book is in the interloan library system.

7. One book that you wish had never been written: The whole Harry Potter series because someone in this house is always reading some part of this. If they are not reading it they are listening to it on cd or on their ipods, and if they are in the middle of it they are not helping around the house.

8. One book you are currently reading: A Miracle for St. Cecilia's---I am enjoying this very much!

9. One book you've been meaning to read: The Virtue Driven Life, by Father Groeschel. Actually, this is a good book for a Christmas gift--hint, hint.

I will tag anyone who wants to do this "doozy" of a meme. Please comment here if you do, so that I can read about more books to read.

No comments: