Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yarn Along....

From the founder of Yarn Along~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

I have made great progress on the basketweave baby blanket I am working on for my, soon to be born, great niece or great nephew. I love the look of it with the stripes of color, and the Snuggly Wuggly baby yarn is soooo soft. It will be perfect for wrapping up a tiny new blessing.

The "hard copy" book I am enjoying right now is Sweetness at the Bottom Of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Mystery. This is the first is the Flavia de Luce series and I am really enjoying it as a fun read.

From Amazon: It's the beginning of a lazy summer in 1950 at the sleepy English village of Bishop's Lacey. Up at the great house of Buckshaw, aspiring chemist Flavia de Luce passes the time tinkering in the laboratory she's inherited from her deceased mother and an eccentric great uncle. When Flavia discovers a murdered stranger in the cucumber patch outside her bedroom window early one morning, she decides to leave aside her flasks and Bunsen burners to solve the crime herself, much to the chagrin of the local authorities.

For my Ipad I have discovered the Audible Store. When you join you immediately get your first book free. I am now listening to Christy, by Catherine Marshall. This is one of my all time favorite books, and what a wonderful surprise I received when I began listening. Kellie Martin, who played Christy in the tv series is the reader. It also includes an interview with the son of author Catherine Marshall. He adds some great insights into the life and times of his grandmother, Christy, and was throughly enjoyable.

Now head over to Ginny's blog and visit other "Yarn along..." posts.

4 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

What a beautiful baby blanket. Knitting for babies is so rewarding isn't it?
Warmly,
Tracey

Amy said...

Just stopping in to say "Hi" as part of Yarn Along.

Anonymous said...

I have never read Christy, but I have heard it is good. Can't wait to see your blanket!

no spring chicken said...

Christy is one of my all time favorites too. It really made an impact on me when I was a teen. And what a beautiful blanket!