Thursday, July 5, 2012

Needle and thREAD

needle and thREAD
Elizabeth started needle and thREAD a few months ago, and I have to say, I am very thankful!
On the first week of this linky party, Elizabeth wrote:
"I welcome you to needle and thREAD. What have you been sewing lately? Or are you embroidering? Pulling a needle with thread through lovely fabric to make life more beautiful somehow? Would you share with us just a single photo (or more) and a description of what you're up to? Would you talk sewing and books with us? I'd love that so much."
This week I needed to finish up a little patriotic sewing.
Luke needed a new shirt for the 4th of July so I pulled out one of my favorite patterns.
The pattern is Simplicity 3852 and includes all sizes from baby to adult.
I do cut this shirt about 2 inches longer than the pattern.   My boys never seem to keep a shirt tucked in, and the 2 inches help them try to stay tucked in.
I'm reading nothing but relaxing fiction right now on these hot summer days.  Right now I'm in the middle of The Amish Midwife.  This book is hard to put down. It has twist and turns, secrets and mystery.  Perfect for a summer read.
Luke learned to ride a two wheeler this past week.
We also made these patriotic pins to wear on the 4th of July.
You can check out that post over here.


4 comments:

Barbara said...

Cute shirt, pin, and little man!

Natalie said...

I love the pin. It looks like it could be adapted to a variety of symbols. Thanks for sharing.

Spinneretta said...

Love the shirt AND the pin :) Very creative!
I admit, I have never thought of making my son a shirt LOL Trousers, yes- he is always too skinny or long legged for the store bought!

Tina Marie said...

Nice shirt and cool pin. We are Canadian, but my six year old loves the American Flag. He will love this.