Sunday, December 30, 2018

Tickling the Ivories

 This is my view of the beautiful Christmas altar at Our Lady of Good Counsel church.  
I recently came out of retirement and am again playing the organ for one Mass a week. 
 I was taught to play the organ from the music teacher at my elementary school 41 years ago. I was 12 years old and my instructor walked across the street from the school to the church 2 times a week to teach me.  
I've spent many, many hours up in this choir loft playing for church and choir,  I have no idea how many years I have played...I would take breaks when I had new baby and when my arthritis was acting up.  
Right now my fingers feel great and I am love being able to play music again.
To top it off, when I started playing again I had to go to the church to practice...but since then I have been blessed with the piano that stood in my husband's family's home for all the years I have known him. The piano is getting a lot of use.  It seems someone is constantly playing,
Thank you for this beautiful gift, Grandma Collins.

No comments: