Sunday, March 21, 2010

Makes My Monday--The First Day of Spring

Being able to spend the first day of spring at the local state park in central New York really, really Made My Monday!!
The weather has been unbelievable, so we were able to head to Verona Beach on Oneida Lake---13 minutes from our driveway.
At this east end of the lake, the sand has taken over alot of the lake, causing big sandy shoals that the kids enjoyed exploring.
The line of white that you can see on the lake behind the kids is the ice line---it is still a pretty frozen lake.
A very cooperative ring billed gull posed for a great picture.
Just the 4 little kids joined hubby and I on this sunny day at the beach.
Of course, it was the beach, so I guess Luke figured he should get some part of himself wet, even if it was just his feet.
gorgeous sunshine
Kimmy Irene
My new facebook profile picture!
Boys and their dogs find the snow to play in.
We walked to every playground in the state park.
This was the favorite slide.
I did warn them
that someone might get hurt.
That someone turned out to be poor Luke.


Kimmy Irene sat on the top of this slide talking to some pine needles for the longest time.
Gracie, Lady and a t-rex.
Mark has been a little camera shy lately.
Gotcha!!
Luke showing his muscles.
The complimentary nature picture.
Visit Twinfatuation and share what "Makes Your Monday"

2 comments:

Merri Ann said...

I'm visiting from Twinfatuation. Great photos !! Looks like you had a fun day.

Cheryl Lage said...

I'm with Merri Ann---it looks like SUCH an adventurous, fun-filled weekend!

Thank you so much for playing along with Makes My Monday!